Sunday, May 15, 2011

My "Cougar Town" Obsession

Recent Obsession
EVERY NOW AND THEN I BECOME enamoured with some amazingly gorgeous accessory.  And, I'm not the only one.  Our usual suspects are shoes and purses, but the object of desire can be a little more specific.  FYI: I recently disentangled myself from a 2-year Pashmina scarf relationship.   We still see each other, but not every day.

Enter, stage left, my current obsession: the "Cougar Town" necklace.  The first time I saw that delicate gold chain with those tiny gold discs on Courteney Cox, I felt the familiar warmth on my cheeks that only comes with the onset of a fevered accessory obsession.  I doggedly searched high and low for a knockoff (I think that Cox's version is in the 3-digit arena).  I was ready to call off the search party when, lo and behold, I found a few independent jewelry designers on Etsy (www.etsy.com) who were selling handmade versions.  I selected the 44-inch version from designer Bijouxbydesif's online store.   I'm currently focused on wearing only v-neck tops, so that I may properly display the necklace's delicate beauty.

*Bijouxbydesif also has a ridiculous amount of other obsession-worthy items.  If you find something you love, please share a pic with the Wear It Out galère.

No comments:

Post a Comment