Thursday, August 4, 2011

Weekend Inspiration

I love it when a plan comes together.  A couple of posts ago on a "Fashion Crush Friday," I posted pics of a denim Helmut Lang dress, Zara sandals, and a red leather Miu Miu tote (http://bit.ly/crushonit).  This look inspired me so much that I had to try and recreate it.  Also, since I'm not a multi-zillionaire like you, I had to pull this together on a budget (read: I couldn't buy the $900+ Miu Miu bag).  Sophia keeps some tricks up her sleeve, though.  I went to Kohl's and found this chambray dress with a raised waistline and surplice neckline:

Apt. 9 Surplice Chambray Dress - $36 at www.kohls.com




The pairings:

Sleeveless Cowlneck Shirt

Leather and Brass Waist Belt

And, the accessories:

Tan Leather Franco Sarto Sandals

Medium Louis Vuitton Neverfull

What do you think?  Did I pay appropriate homage to the inspiration outfit?


No comments:

Post a Comment